Design your own lamp? Not easier than that. Here is a step-by-step instruction on how I build my own DIY lamp from wood.
For the DIY lampshade shown, we only need three materials:
- Wooden board 25x25cm – 18mm thick
- wooden stick 5x10mm – 20cm long
- some wood glue
- Draw rings with the following radii on the board with a compass: 21mm, 40mm, 55mm, 70mm, 85mm, 100mm, 115mm.
- Draw a 5mm wide slit from the center of the rings to the edge.
- First cut the slit to the center with a saw and then cut the rings one by one. The middle part is not needed.
- Deburr the individual parts with the help of sandpaper.
- The most difficult part is now to stack the individual rings on top of each other with some distance (for example using books as spacers). After that, the rings can be glued to the wooden stick using the wood glue. Allow to dry for a long time.
- Clean the ends of the wooden stick and mount it to a the lamp holder.
- The DIY lampshade fits for standard lamp holder E27 with screw cap (available in any hardware store).
Have fun making it yourself!